Psalm 90:12 says, “Teach us to number our days that we may gain a heart of wisdom.” In looking back on the days of 2022 these are some things I’ve learned or relearned in my life…
1. Above all guard your HEART (Proverbs 4:23)
2. It’s not about me.
3. God’s grace still amazes me.
5. I pastor the best church in the world!
6. You grow more when times are bad than when times are good.
7. No matter how you try to protect your children, they will eventually get hurt.
8. There really is a SPIRITUAL BATTLE going on!
9. The greater the battle, the greater the spoils.
10. God NEVER wastes a hurt.
11. Your greatest ministry is most likely to come out of your greatest hurt.
12. God can use my mistakes.
13. The only mistake is a mistake in which nothing is learned.
14. Just because I can’t understand God’s love doesn’t mean it’s not real!
15. Greater is He who is in me, than he who is in the world.
16. You can run, but you can’t hide from God.
17. God often has more faith me than I have in myself.
18. There’s no sin that’s too big for God not to forgive if we simply take it to Him through Jesus.
19. You don’t have to clean up your act before you come to God; you come to Him so that He can clean it up.
20. Priorities is often a matter of distinguishing what is best from what is good.
21. God is BIGGER than my ability to figure Him out.
22. That when I step into heaven, I’m going to have a HUGE red mark in the center of my forehead from me hitting it with my palm and going, “OH, NOW I get it now!”
23. That I’m not a Calvinist or an Armenian, but a CALMINIAN.
24. Time is too short, and hell is too hot to argue about little things.
25. It’s a lot easier to react than to think.
26. Fasting isn’t something you do, it’s something that happens to you.
27. You can’t make someone love you.
28. Love isn’t something you feel; it’s something you DO!
29. I HATE religion, but love JESUS.
30. There is no such thing as a little sin.
31. I need more COWBELL.
32. Faith is daring the soul to go beyond what the eyes can see.
33. Faith is found when it’s tested.
34. God is not enough; He’s TOO MUCH!
35. You can’t really embrace the Good News until you come to grips with the Bad News.
36. You really can read God like a Book.
37. I don’t have to know all the answers, it’s more important to know the One who as ALL the answers.
38. All men die, but few men really LIVE.
39. If you’re going to be stupid, you better be tough.
40. I can never out give God.
41. It’s easier to forgive others that to forgive yourself.
42. There are some things I really don’t want to know!
43. God helps those who cannot help themselves.
44. God’s not done with me yet.
45. It’s Friday, but Sunday is a comin!
46. Don’t follow the Crowd.
May God bless you and keep you; may He make His face shine upon you and be gracious unto you; may the Lord lift up your countenance and give you peace in 2023