— From a Methodist minister —
Give Thanks in ALL Circumstances (1 Thessalonians 5:18)
What a Great Day This Is! This morning, as I was driving to work, I heard that the market had gone down another 500 points. It has now dropped from a high of over 14,000 to 9,000. This is not good news. It has messed with my retirement plan and made my net worth go from pride to hide. It has turned easy street into a mean street. The bottom line is that I do not have nearly as much money or assets as I had just a short while ago. Let me share with you what I also discovered this morning:
- I was breathing and, in general, feeling pretty healthy.
- My wife gave me a kiss and told me she loved me.
- I was driving to WORK! I have a job.
- All of my children have jobs and are safe and well.
- My two grandchildren still light up my life and give wonderful hugs and sugars.
- I am a citizen of the greatest nation on the face of the earth and I will get to vote soon on how to make it better.
- A good friend called and wants to go out to dinner and a show. (I have a friend.)
- I am still a United Methodist minister.
- My home is safe, warm, secure and nearly paid for.
- I got an e-mail that told me my new book was changing their church for the better (someone is reading it).
- I ate breakfast and lunch and will have dinner later. (Many won’t get three meals today.)
- I am actually sitting down in a building I own, at a desk I bought, typing on a $2,000 machine I can barely use.
- I have a big huge bottle of wonderful fresh clean water right down the hall or I could choose to drink right from the tap all I can hold.
- I am wearing clean clothes today, and tomorrow I will wear something different. In fact, I could wear something different every day this month if I wanted to.
- I HAVE A SAVIOR WHO WILL NEVER LEAVE ME.
It is a shame that it took losing so much money for me to realize how rich I really am! This week may be one of the best weeks of my life.