“Living Life in the Zone: A 40 Day Spiritual Game Plan for Men,” by Kyle Rote Jr. and Dr. Joe Pettigrew is an ideal devotion for men that are into sports. The Book itself is divided into sections such as, Personal Life, Marriage Life, Family Life, Work Life, etc. Each devotion is short, but applicable and is broken down into 6 sections:
- Thought for the Day: A Synapse of the Devotional
- The Coaches Corner: The teaching of the day.
- The Game Plan: The Specific Points out of the Day’s Teaching backed up with Scripture.
- Playmakers: Example (Good or Bad) of someone from the Sports World.
- Time Out: A time of Reflection and Prayer
- Today’s Assignment: A way to apply the teaching in a practical way.
At first glance this looks like a lot for a single day’s devotional, but it actually isn’t that long… 15 minutes at the most! Continue reading